I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Friday, February 02, 2007

March 26th for the first time !!

March 26 is the day I got married , ten years ago .This march is my 10th anniversary .
Yes , I am getting back to the track of how my life progressed .

Like I told you , it was testing times after Hema's Dad passed away .There was a lot scampering and adjusting that was needed for the scene to go on .Especially for me and Hema .Needless to say that we needed to pull out all strings and stretch likr crazy to get married .And we finally did .

I vividly remember every detail , I woke up at 4:30 am , everyone at home wakes up by then .Had a neat little shave (I was the groom , remember ?) and was getting ready to get committed .My friend from school days , Pankaj Goel had lent his huge car , my folks had arranged for a few more cars .There were about 80 pple to transport to the temple just from my house .And guess what , I got the last ride ! When I was in the car , it refused to get started , I got into another one and the first one started , I get back in the first one and then it stops .Restart and it fails .The phone rings , it is Hema's uncle from the temple wondering what I was doing at home when I had just abt 10 mins to get married !! Oh yeah , I forgot to tell you .Before all this , was a ceremony at home , where each elder couple stands in front of me and I fall at their feet .So roughly twenty sit ups in a row for me !! So you can imagine how tense I was , my mind was racing "Am I getting married or what ?" .I have an uncle , we fondly call him Chithappa . He came to my rescue , opened the hood of the car and did some magic and vola !! it started and kept running !! Hurray !! To the temple !!!
For the next 20 minutes , I was looking at all the roads in the way to the temple and smilingly enjoying my last bachelor's ride !! We reached the temple .At this point I must tell you something , I had never worn a dhoti in my life before .It was held up with a tight belt to prevent it from falling .The minute I entered the temple , Hema's niece came running and tugged at my dhoti !! I closed my eyes in horror , has it fallen down ? Has my dream of married bliss become a nightmare ? I opened my eyes , thank god for lacoste !! The dhoti was still faithfully around me !! Then I went in and saw my wife dressed up for the wedding .She looked gorgeous and totally not nervous ,I on the other hand was a pile of nerves wrapped in a silk dhoti !!

Then the marriage began , a series on manthras and exchanges of garlands , rings and what not , the moment arrived , I tied the mangalsutra around Hema's neck and we were married .Phew !!

I started relaxing , but then we got married in a temple and the dining hall was on the 4th floor !!
Imagine the plight of my and my dhoti again , this time I bravely went to the final frontier and conquered it.

Ok , I cud see breakfasy served , I sat down with Hema and we started eating , we were ask to pose feeding each other for the camera .And after that was done , we were told to get up from the table , WHAT ?? THAT IS BREAKFAST !!! YES IT IS !!!!
Then I had use my influence and get hold of a couple of bottles of pepsi to satiate our digestive systems .
Then there was a flurry of people , I dint know 90% of them , smiling at me and wishing me and blessing me .Felt good .

After everyone else had eaten breakafast (grrrrr!!) , we left the temple and went back home , There was a ceremonial welcome for us there and I finally got the chance to rest a bit ! I thought "Phew ! It is done !!"

Well there was a reception after that !!!
About that in the next post !!
Ciao

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Neenu Abeesh said...

hai interseting to read all this my brother.....also upload wedding photos chetta....let my see my brother & sister-in-law who looks stunning in the wedding day

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Shakthi said...

Will try to upload it atleast by my 10th Anniversary !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home