I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Introducing : Swaminathan

Like I promised , I am back.
Let me start by introducing someone who has left a permanent impression on me and my life in his own inimitable style.My very good friend Swaminathan .I met him when both of us were colleagues with one of the largest networking companies in the world .Let me describe him in detail to you .

Swaminathan is a very clever , very fast thinking and well read person.There aint any topic in the world that he cannot talk or argue about .His confidence in facing the world in unparalleled.His sense of humour is just the best .He knows how to make you crack up in the middle of a serious conversation.He also knows to be dead serious when the situation warrants it .He is also one of the few pple who understands global politics .He had the uncanny ability to see China's intentions getting implemented by an action in Guwahati .And my friends , most of the times ; he was right .

With Swami , you never had a dull moment in life , he cud just invent something out of the air and then make an entire group cavort with laughter .Here is an example : he had to test the date field in an application , he took limits testing to the extreme and set 31/12/9999 as the date and tried to roll it over .It dint add a new field , and he was seriously contemplating filing a bug against it !!!

Lunch time with Swami was the best part of our days together ; he used to meticulously select a topic ; mail it to us and say that we will discuss it over lunch and we wud .He did all the talking and we did all the listening .He used to pepper facts with wit in such a way that even the dullest face wud light up immediately and crack up laughing .

As a friend , Swami was like a brick wall , you an lean on him any time , he was there for you , no matter what .Even if he knew that what you are doing is wrong , he was there for you .When you were down , just talking to him for 10 mins , wud bring you back in a jiffy .He was also very good at playing the devil's advocate and explaining the wrong side of things to you so that you see them before they happen .Reliability was his middle name .I still remember a time when there ws an emergency at home and Swami and Paari (another very close friend ) stayed with me till the wee hours of the night when the problem was resolved .Swami had another thing in his favor .His wife was the perfect foil for him .She had everythuing that he dint , a very practical mind and a fantastic sense of prediction .Together they make a wonderful couple and I know that they will be happy for all the times to come .

There was many a time when the going was tough and I needed someone to bail me out , there was always Swami .Like all friends do , we had misunderstandings , but they were never bigger than our rapport.But the last one we had kinda led to us getting distant from each other .

Swami , wherever you are , I am very sorry for everything
I miss you very badly .
Have a great life ! Hope to meet you someday

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home