I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Plan and the execution

So , now that I knew what Hema's parents thought about me and how much they were troubling Hema to get me out of her mind , I decided to do something about it and like I said earlier made a plan .

The plan had a simple logic : Attack the source of the problem .
What was the problem ? They thought that I could not support Hema and subsequently a family .
The solution : Show them that I can !
And that was the plan .

So first I got Hema out of Kodai by getting her a job in Chennai .
Next I decided that her studies and all other things would be funded by me till her parents realise that we are serious and that I am determined .She came to Chennai and I got her into a ladies hostel and got her a job in Chennai and I started taking my career seriously so that I cud support her comfortably .All along my parents and family were aware of all this and supported me fully .I never went to them for any financial support , it was all moral .During this time , I became quite a popular networking consultant in Chennai .I started getting busier by the day and met and interacted with quite a lot of people .Some of them were impressed with me and some weren't .

There was one particular group of people who were running a packaging industry very successfully who came to me and said that they wanted to spin off an IT company and I shud be the Vice-president for that company .I cud not believe my ears and jumped at the chance and took it right away .

There you are , my first serious job was as a Vice President in a start up of sorts .
At this point I decided that it was time to get serious about marriage (I was a bit young to get married at 24.5 yrs , but that was ok and I was sure that this was the time ).So me and Hema wrote a letter to her Dad explaining that we wd like to get married and that we wanted to do it with his blessings and not elope .Her Dad did something that was totally absolutely and pleasantly shocking for us .He called up Hema and told her that he was coming over to Chennai and that he wanted to get us engaged the very next day !!

I was happy , if I am not mistaken that was the happiest moment in my life till date , beaten only by the happiness of holding my new born son in my hand on 3rd Oct 2002 .I quickly informed my parents , who were naturally happy for me and the next day the engagement ceremony happened .It was very low key with just family and my best friend from school days present .Her Dad told me that he understood how serious and committed we were and that he was impressed with my capability despite my challenge .

I was very Happy !
But fate had different ideas !!
More in the next post !

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home