I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Life's Little Lesson : #1

I thought that at this point we will get to the first lesson I learnt from life ;
There is no "THERE" it is just another "HERE" .

Often you find yourself saying "Things are better there " , "I wish I was there " , "Lucky him , he is there " , "They have a lot of fun there " ... Stop .You are going crazy .
Think !! What is "THERE" ? It is just another "HERE" , the difference is your motivation and the subsequent translation of the motivation into action and the final frutition of the actions bearing consequences .For example , take a small problem : You drive to work daily , the road is bumpy , what do you do ?
There are two options :
  1. You complain and change to a place with good roads (THERE)
  2. You somehow get over the problem (HERE )
Remember , if you took option #1 , then here is the writing on the wall : Good roads go bad with time !! What do you do then ? Move again ? Think about it .

I am an exponent of the line of thought that says , if you can't fix anything here , you can't fix it anywhere .
What do I mean ?
Here is an explanation : "There" is no better than "here," When your "there" has become a "here," you will simply obtain another "there" that again, looks better than "here."

You will see that it you that is changing and not the place .
Still confused ? Write to me and we will discuss


1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Rahul said...

Grass is always greener on the other side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home