I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Then the awakening ...

Even after I had chosen computers and software as the line of work that I wanted to be in :some part of me smiling as often as I shud and always worried about what lurks next in the maze of life.Then one day , an incident changed my outlook to life drastically.

I used to go to parks with my brothers whenever possible , it was one of those days .I was sitting by a park bench and watching them play cricket (the usual grind ).After sometime I felt a hand touching mine , I looked up and saw a small child , a boy standing in front of me .He said "Hey , what a wonderful flower ! This is for you .snt it smelling sweet and wonderful?".I looked at that flower .It was a usual flower and kind of damaged , it was neither fresh , nor smelling good .I felt like the kid was tryin to play a joke on me , I wanted to give him a piece of my mind .So I looked at him , then I realised something , the kid was blind , he could not see .He was relying on his sense of hearing and smell to live in this world .And despite his predicament , here he was trying to spread cheer to everyone around him , so what if he could not see ? He had more sight that me ! I thanked him and accepted the flower .He was happy , he went and took another flower before going to the next person's life that he would touch that day .

That kicked off a change in me , a change for the better .Gone was the glum Shakthi , enter the new improved , cheerful and confident Shakthi.I also took it upon myself to drop my introvert self and create an extroverted one .On that day in my Seventh standard at school I started to change.And believe me , that change has stayed with me and helped me weather all the typhoons that life has thrown at me so far .I never met that kid again , sometimes I wonder , where is he now ? what is he doing ? My mind somewhere in a corner tells me , I will meet him one day .

In the next post we will talk about the single most important stabilizing factor in my life -- my wife !

Bye for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home