I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The foundation stones are laid

Getting back to the story of my life which we left at a very interesting juncture before digressing into other more technical meanderings .

Like I told you , the days were wonderful and the time we spent together was unforgettable .There was something much more serious in store for us .The act of getting married and becomng a family .Since this is a very very important and weighty issue , I decided that first me and Hema will discuss and arrive at a right way to go about that would neither irritate nor offend our parents.

We discussed this at length over the next few months .Then the course and SSI got over and she had to go back to Kodaikanal (her native place ) and I went back to studying at college to complete my bachelor's degree .I completed my degree with good marks and the same SSI offered me a job and I accepted it .I was one of the few lucky people who got into a job the next day after the degree was done !.Like I has mentioned earlier it was a Sysadmin's job , technically very rewarding but financially : only 1500 rupees a month .That definitely was not enuf to run a family by any yardstick.This made the process of getting to a marriage state more complicated .

Around about the same juncture , her family found out about us and her Dad wanted to meet me .He came over to Chennai for this .At that stage I had break the news at my home and I did .The way I did it was slightly different though.I told my Dad first and got him on my side and together we told Mom and she was ok too .At my home things went smooth and the D-day arrived .Me and my dad went to meet her Dad .The meeting lasted for about 20 mins in a dingy hotel in egmore , Chennai.If you know the Egmore area , you will understand what I mean .

The conversation revolved around where I am working and what is my salary and about my family background and things like that .

After the chat , we all exchanged pleasantries and went our ways .
When Hema called me and told me her father's feedback , I was taken aback !!!
Why ? What was the feedback ?

All that in the next post !!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home