I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Earth calls Cloud Nine !!

Ok , so I was on Cloud 9 with everything going just fine and I had a shine in my eyes whenever I thought about myself .I told myself "You are there man , and you are only 24 !! Great !!!" And that thought made me beam with happiness .Everyone who knew me during that time told me that I was looking like Rajnikant in Rajadhi Raja (a HUGE compliment those days , but dont try that now )

Hema's Dad came over to Chennai and gave me some money to order a suit for the wedding reception . A few days later , he met Hema and showed her a snazzy gold chain he bought for me .I got busy trying to get settled down and steady .Work kept me going long hours and visiting places like Bhubaneshwar , Mumbai (Bombay then ) , Delhi and various other corners of India .Hema was also busy with her studies and work and getting ready to get married .All this must sound like the typical getting ready to get married grind .But that was not to be : something terrible hit us out of the blue .

I still remember the sequence of events vividly , it was very close to Diwali and Hema was in Chennai , she wanted to go home and me and my Dad tried getting tickets for her and couldn't , so she was thinking about alternative ways to get to her family in time for the festival .One day morning , it was early morning , we got a phone call from Madurai from Hema's cousin .The message was short and shocking : Hema's Dad passed away !!

That event turned our lives around violently and permanently in many ways that are still in effect .The whole shock dawned on me slowly and I realised that this was the time that me and my family should standby Hema's family and support them in any possible way .So almost all the elders at home left for Kodai with Hema to her home .

It was only after they got there that we got more info about the incident and were thoroughly shocked .
The details were nothing short of what you see in movies or fiction novels .
That deserves a seperate post and I will post it tommorow

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home