I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Coping up ...

Proved to be a big challenge , in fact the impact of this shocking event was so intense that me , a guy who just heard it from others took a week to recover , so imagine Hema's mom who was right there when it happened.She was in a perpetual state of shock and totally disconnected from the real and physical world at that time .She used to be talking and thinking and doing things that were totally irrelevant to the rest of us .She used to take conversations into really unrelated space .She was unable to come to terms with the reality of what had happened .It was then that I realised how sensitive and absolutely essential to life is the bond between husband and wife .When one of them aint around , the other is nothing short of woefully lost in this world .Especially when you know that your other half is not going to come back ever again .

Whilst we understood her condition , we needed to do something to get it fixed.So we took her to my friends dad who was a psychiatrist .He spoke to her at length and then gave her counselling and medicine .Even with all that she was feeling lost in Chennai .She wanted to go back to Kodai.Hema's sister had flown down from Australia .So Hema and her decided to take their mother back to Kodai .They were there for a month or so .That proved to be the toughest and longest month in my life .

Rest in the next

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home