I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Friday, February 09, 2007

LAN Government :)

Wondering what that is ?

Well that is how I call my very very very good friend Paari .
Why ? His id was pelangov , and I kinda liked the "langov" part .
After Swami , Paari is the only other person who can predict my reactions to situations .That is how close he is to me , I hope that I am as close to him too .He is a completely positive person , sees oppurtunity in every situation , sometimes the most adverse of times motivate him .An example of that is the time when we were colleagues in the great year of layoffs , and he was transferred from a billed unit to a kinda "bench" .You and me wud have let our confidence , down , but not Paari , he used that stint to write a ietf proposal and a very good one at that .He studied up everything there was to study and became what he is , a VERY STRONG TECHIE .Dont mess with him technically , he will unmess it and give it back to you .

How we met is very interesting , We met , when Swami and me were indulging in a now long forgotten vice of ours , which we will not digress into here .I still remember Paari attentively and adoringly looking at Swami when he was talking about something he read in Eco-T (Swami's fav magazine , if I am not mistaken).We met and became acqaintances there .In the days to come Paari became one of the things that are parts of everyone's life , "one of my best friends" .My family knows his family very well , we have even gone out together in Chennai and out of station .(Our trip to Conoor is still a high point in my life ).Paari's wife Kavitha is one of the most straightforward and practical persons I have ever met .Paari's son Mugil was the favorite of me and Hema till we had Hari .I still remember that I have to buy furniture for my nephew ! (this is something that only me and Paari understand ) .

There hasnt been a single auspicious or sad happening in my life after we met that Paari has not stood by me with .Whenever I had to rant to someone , it was Paari or Swami .Whenever I needed advice , again the awesome twosome (S and P ) .Did I mention that Paari is from Ambur , very famous for Biriyani ? And Kavitha is the best cook after Hema in my hall of fame .

Paari is now a Project Manager , a Dad , a husband and a wonderful colleague .
To me he will always be "LAN Government " , one of my best friends and trustworthy companions .
I hope I dont sound too retro , but i wanted to write what I felt .

To this day there are two things that I crave for :

Swami's creativity and Paari's practicality

ciao

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home