I , Me and Shakthi - Life's little lessons

The average guy looks for a meaning in his life after a considerable journey through it . But what do I want ? I want to beat the averages and find the real me !! Will I succeed ? Fingers Crossed !!

Friday, March 30, 2007

3652 days (roughly)

That is the number of wonderful days that I have been married.This 26th was my tenth anniversary and looking back : I have absolutely no regrets and only great feelings about it .



All credit to my wife for putting up with a cranky , at times pesky guy like me and smiling right through! Let me tell you a little more .





Here are some of the important roles Hema plays for me .



  1. When I am angry - Pacifier
  2. When I am sad - Supporter
  3. When I am lost - Guide
  4. When I am winning - Fan
  5. When I am losing - Coach
  6. When I am crying - with me
  7. When I am smiling - with me
  8. When I am down - Motivator
  9. When I am confused - Friend
  10. When I need one - A shoulder
  11. When I am tired - A refresher
  12. When I am funny - the audience
  13. When I am gross - the punisher
  14. When I am over sleeping - the waker
  15. When I am undersleeping - the admonisher
And I could go on and on .....



There is another side to the whole deal ; it is not very easy to be 24x7 with one person unless the understanding and camaraderie are right up there and that is the key for a successful married life .



The other unique thing about your spouse is that he/she is the only person who is goin to go the full long haul with you and be there always .From that angle if your spouse does not vibe with you , you are in for it ! I have been extremely lucky to get the perfect foil for me as my spouse .I dunno how much of that is true from her point of view .But for me ; Life just got better and better and better after marriage .She has this uncanny knack to read my face and understand what went on the last 6 hours ! That saves a lot of talking and energy .She knows when I am pissed and plays down .She knows when I am wrong and plays up .Well , a fair mix of both !



They say that souls are created in pairs and the lucky ones meet and get married .I would like to think that I am one such lucky soul .



Down the line ; despite the fact that hereditary diabetes was holding her down and making life tough , she went through hell to give me the best gift so far ! My Son Hari ! I can't even think of life before Hari now .That is the impact he has had on our lives .

I must say that I am looking forward to atleast another 100 years of this !

Hema : u are the best !







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home